PayPal in Pakistan
Are you a freelancer or looking for a convenient payment method to shop online? PayPal is an easy option then. Make sure to read this article till the end to make a working PayPal account in Pakistan.
Before we get into how to make a PayPal account in Pakistan, you should first know what is PayPal and why it is essential?
PayPal: A Reliable Online Money Transfer Platform
PayPal is an American corporation that was established in 1998 as Confinity. In March 2000, X.com merged with Confinity. X.com was an Elon Musk start-up which later changed its name to PayPal in 2001. PayPal is easily accessible on your smartphone, and you get the PayPal app both in android and IOS. It is user-friendly.
PayPal facilitates people worldwide by providing an online payment platform. It has become essential to businesses. Every day millions of people transact and receive payments via PayPal. It makes it possible to pay, send money, and accept payments online. PayPal charges a reasonable and affordable fee in exchanges for their services.
PayPal is a fast and reliable way to transact money. Since PayPal’s launch, within four years, the company’s worth went to 1.5 billion dollars due to its one-click transaction feature’s popularity among people. PayPal has 346 million active PayPal registered accounts and provides services in 202 markets. By using your PayPal account, you can deal and keep 25 different currencies.
PayPal is Essential to Businesses
Due to the rapid development of technology, most businesses are starting their services online. Youth is rapidly evolving to participate in healthy online activities such as freelancing, blogging, etc. PayPal becomes more critical as the 7,000 registered small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the great bulk of hundreds of thousands of Pakistani freelancers target the vast international online marketplace.
Trust is a significant factor in freelancing and e-commerce, and all international clients trust PayPal as a payment method. With PayPal as your payment method, you can exceptionally boost your sales.
That’s why it is a common query, and more and more people are searching for how to use PayPal in Pakistan to enhance the credibility of their online presence.
PayPal is not Available Directly in Pakistan
“Is PayPal available in Pakistan” is among the top queries on Google. Well, PayPal has not initiated its services in Pakistan yet. In 2019, there were speculations of PayPal refusing to set up and start in Pakistan.
However, the Government of Pakistan is trying to bring it to Pakistan.
“How to make PayPal account in Pakistan” is the most searched query on Google. The information for answering this question is not available clearly. Some other searches include:
How to use PayPal in Pakistan?
Alternative of PayPal in Pakistan?
How to make payment through PayPal in Pakistan?
How to withdraw money from PayPal in Pakistan?
Here you will get a detailed answer to all your queries.
How To Make A PayPal Account In Pakistan?
PayPal has not set up in Pakistan yet,
But you can still get an account. That is the beauty of online transactions with PayPal. Many people in Pakistan have a PayPal account, and you can make one too. Now you can increase your sales and boost your business like never before.
Creating a PayPal account in Pakistan is not a daunting task. You can easily use PayPal in Pakistan and make payments through it.
Guide To Make A PayPal Account In Pakistan
Here is a complete step by step guide on how to make a PayPal in Pakistan, and answer all other queries. To create a PayPal account in Pakistan, you will first have to sign up for a PayPal account, but if you have a friend or relative living abroad who is using a PayPal account, you don’t need to fill PayPal sign-up form.
Steps to Make a PayPal account in Pakistan
Follow the following steps in the same sequence
- Sign up for PayPal account
- Make a Payoneer Account
- Order the Payoneer Card
- Activate your Payoneer Card
- Link your Payoneer and PayPal Accounts
These steps are discussed in detail later. You will be able to make a working PayPal account after reading all the steps. Do not miss a single one.
Sign Up for PayPal Account: First step of making PayPal Account
- Go to the PayPal website.
- Click on Sign Up for free.
- Choose “personal account” or “business account” as per your requirements and need, and then click on “Next.”
- Type in your email and create a password. Make sure that you have a robust password code. The stronger, the better.
- Please enter a valid email address that you use as you will be required to verify it later.
- Provide all the requested information.
- You must have an accurate address of a place where PayPal works because PayPal is not available in Pakistan yet.
- Verification of the email is a must. The account will not work without it.
- To confirm the email, click on the “Yes, this is my email” button in the message to verify your email address.
By this process, you can make a business PayPal account as well. PayPal has two options in the PayPal business account category- A standard version and a Pro account.
In the standard account, buyers must route through PayPal to check out. In Pro accounts, you have the choice to design the checkout process. A pro account costs 30 dollars per month. If you plan to buy and sell things on eBay, then a standard account suits you best.
Creating a Payoneer Account
Payoneer is another popular and trusted platform for money transactions. It provides services in more than 200 countries and lets you deal in more than 150 currencies, making it more exclusive. Here are some easy steps to create a Payoneer account:
- Open the Payoneer website.
- For creating a Payoneer account, you must have a valid email address. If you don’t have an email, then make your email account first.
- Provide all the related information.
- Type your email address, and choose a strong password for your account.
- Your account will be created, and you need to verify your email address.
- Other requirements are your city name, zip code, and mobile number.
- Click on “Sign Up Now” to apply for a Payoneer account.
Getting a Payoneer Card is very Significant for PayPal
A Payoneer card is vital to receive payments from PayPal. You can apply for the Payoneer card after you successfully make a Payoneer account. Here are some guidelines for this:
- A bank account is a must for Payoneer Card.
- You will have to provide your IBAN (account number).
- Then, enter your username and password.
- Choose a security question. Choose something remember-able.
- Then enter your CNIC number and click on order.
You will receive a message to inform you that your Payoneer account has been successfully created, but the process is not completed yet. It takes a couple of days to approve and a further 4-6 days in shipping.
Activating your Payoneer Card is Easy and Simple
After you receive your Payoneer card in 3-4 weeks, you will first have to activate it to use it. To activate your Payoneer card, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Payoneer account.
- Insert your username and password.
- Click on “Login.” Click on “View your status and activate your card.”
- Then, click on Activate.
- Just click on Card Activation.
- Enter the 16-digit card number and four digits secret pin.
- Then click on agree to the cookies, terms, and condition policies.
- Click on the “Activate.”
- Congratulations, your Payoneer card is activated and ready to use now.
Learn How to use PayPal account in Pakistan
Now that you have a PayPal account, let us get into how to make it workable.
Link your Payoneer account to PayPal to receive payments from abroad. When you log in to your PayPal account, you will be informed of an unverified status. This is because PayPal is not working in Pakistan yet. A bank account in a “PayPal” country can verify your account.
So it becomes more important to link your PayPal account to the Payoneer account. Payoneer allows you to send and receive payments through PayPal. After connecting it to your PayPal account, you can easily withdraw funds from any ATM of multiple banks using Payoneer Debit Master Card.
Connecting Payoneer with PayPal Account: The Most Important Step to use PayPal in Pakistan
This is the most crucial step in “How to make a PayPal account in Pakistan” or “How to use a PayPal account in Pakistan.” Follow this step by step guide to link your Payoneer account to your PayPal account:
- Open the PayPal website.
- Enter your details to log into your account.
- After logging in to your PayPal account, go to your Account Summary Page, and click on the “Link a bank” option.
- If your bank is on the list, enter your online banking login information to link your account.
- If your bank is not listed, your bank account number and routing number are needed.
- To check the Payoneer account’s account number and routing number, log in to the Payoneer account.
- Activate the US Payment Service.
- Then, click the “Receive Money” option.
- After you click on US Payment Service, you will find both the Routing number and the USA Virtual Account number.
- Now, enter that Routing number and USA Virtual Account number to your unverified PayPal account.
- After this, you will receive two small deposits wired into your Payoneer account by PayPal. You will be able to see those deposits after 2-3 working days.
- After receiving deposits sent by the PayPal account, you must log in to your PayPal account again.
- After signing in, enter the same amount you received on the Payoneer account in your PayPal account.
- By following the steps mentioned above, your PayPal account will be verified automatically.
This is the legit way to use a PayPal account in Pakistan. Beware and do not fall into any scams. Scams often tell you that they sell accounts. Please do not give in to them, and do not fall victim to these traps. Instead, follow these steps to make an account on your own.
If you travel to any country where PayPal has its operation, you can easily create a PayPal account. Just create a bank account there and sign up for a PayPal account from there.
How to withdraw money from PayPal in Pakistan?
After you have a working PayPal account that is linked to your Payoneer account, you can withdraw money in the following ways:
- After transferring the amount from PayPal to your Payoneer account you can withdraw it directly from your Payoneer account using Payoneer Card.
- You can link your Payoneer account to your JazzCash account for easily withdrawing money by visiting a nearby JazzCash Agent.
Xoom: An Alternate to PayPal in Pakistan
Xoom is a PayPal service that allows users to transfer money. It enables users to electronically transfer funds, pay bills, and reload phones from the United States and Canada to 131 countries.
Xoom is a money transfer service by PayPal that works in Pakistan. It is an excellent alternative to PayPal in Pakistan. As it operates under the PayPal flagship, it is trusted widely.
Security and privacy are the cornerstones of any PayPal subsidiary. So it is true of Xoom. It is secure and satisfactory.
Xoom login is easy. It is user-friendly and simple to use. You can receive payments without any trouble.
Pros of Using PayPal
PayPal is used worldwide, as it is a fast and straightforward way to send and receive money. On many online business sites, PayPal is a preferred payment option. Although there are many benefits of PayPal, some of them are listed below:
- PayPal allows for quick money transfers. PayPal account users can transfer money from their PayPal account to their bank account in less than 24 hours.
- PayPal transaction fee is relatively low and affordable for users. The transaction charges of PayPal are 30 cents per transaction, plus a reasonable 30% of the total amount of transactions.
- PayPal provides an excellent user experience and a better account security level compared to other payment methods. It is as private as it gets.
- PayPal allows sellers to receive payments instantly and effortlessly.
- PayPal user can easily keep a record and history of all the transactions.
- PayPal is a popular payment gateway on most e-commerce websites. PayPal account holders can easily shop online.
There is a general presumption that PayPal is banned in Pakistan. It is not banned at all. The systems and services are not in place yet. It is hoped to launch soon. Till then, this is the most efficient procedure of transferring and receiving money. Many Pakistanis use this method to access PayPal. They link their Payoneer Card with PayPal. It can help you break the barrier of foreign clientele. You do not have to worry about payments from abroad.
Beware of scams and traps. Many cases are known where people have been scammed to make a PayPal account. This is the only legit way to do it.
Read More: How to get NTN number in Pakistan?