On 10th October 2018, the Government of Pakistan introduced Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme which aims to construct 5 million houses.
These houses will be provided to people who are living in rented houses or can’t afford a house of their own. It is also famous as Imran Khan Housing Scheme or Prime Ministers Housing Scheme.
This scheme aims to benefit those people having fixed salaries or having a middle-class background.
Goal of Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
The Prime Minister of Pakistan, while launching this scheme, said “the plan is to turn the country’s slums into towering high-rises via a revolutionary new mechanism invented by Chinese.”
Furthermore, he said that about 40% of Karachi’s population is living in Katchi abadis. He was confident that with the country’s and foreign investment they will soon be able to convert the slums into towering buildings in a short time.
This scheme is a result of the collaboration between the private and government sector. The government will act as a facilitator and is eager to provide land for construction as well as to eliminate all the possible hurdles in the NPHP.
The government of Pakistan has welcomed the interest of the other countries and foreign investors to invest in this program. For example, a Chinese company is willing to construct 2 million houses under NPHP.
An Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris is also interested to build 100,000 units of this scheme.
The good aspect is that the government has made it compulsory for the Chinese company and other investors to only use the locally produced raw material and the country’s labor force, this will lead to a rise in the economic progress rate as well.
You should also know about other beneficial programs of the Government of Pakistan, that has been started for the better growth of Pakistan.
Loan Plan for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
In light of the government of Pakistan’s vision, the banks will provide subsidized loans for the housing units on easy terms and conditions to facilitate construction under Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
State Bank of Pakistan will act as an administrator helper of the government of Pakistan and the Naya Pakistan Housing and Developmental Authority (NPHPDA) for providing loans.
The government of Pakistan has allocated 33 billion for building houses under this scheme for 10 years. The loan facility will be accessible in all the banks.
The houses in the Naya Pakistan Housing Project will fall into three categories.
- Labour class
- Lower middle class
- Middle class
State Bank of Pakistan has divided the loan amount in three categories based upon the size of the housing units. These categories are as follows:
Category 1 (Labour Class)
According to the NAPHDA, for construction of 5 Marla (up to 125 square yards area), housing units/flats/apartments with a total covered area of 850 square feet.
The maximum price and loan amount by the State Bank will be 3.5 million and 2.7 million, respectively. This can be cleared in a maximum duration of 20 years, with the markup rate of 5% for the first 5 years and 7% for the next 5 years.
Category 2 (Lower Middle Class)
In this category, the people who didn’t apply for NAPHDA or couldn’t qualify will be facilitated. The maximum size of the housing units/apartments/flats in this category will be 5 Marla (up to 125 square yards area) with a total covered area of 850 square feet and the maximum price will be 3.5 million.
A loan of 3.0 million will be provided, repayable within 20 years. The markup rate will be the same as the first category.
Category 3 (Middle class)
This category of loan is for the construction or purchasing of housing units/flats/apartments above 5 Marla up to 10 Marla (250 square yards) with a total covered area of 850-1100 square feet.
The maximum price of the houses and loan amount will be 6.0 million and 5.0 million respectively.
The applicant will have to pay 20% as a down payment for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme. While the remaining 80% will be provided by banks in the form of a loan. The selected individuals will have to pay a 10% markup in addition to the actual amount.
Target Cities of Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
This scheme will construct houses in both the major and under-developing cities of Pakistan. At first, the scheme was for 7 major cities in Pakistan but it gradually extended to other cities too.
At present, Naya PakistanHousing Scheme is working in more than 10 cities in Pakistan. The cities included in the Naya Pakistan Housing Program are:
- Rahim Yar Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Capital Development Authority (CDA) has issued approval of seven acres of land for NPHP in Mauve Area, Islamabad. The Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme is rapidly flourishing in Lahore as well.
Who can apply for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme?
The Government wants to facilitate different sectors of society by this Housing Scheme. Thus, the Government issued an estimation of the range of the monthly gross income of people who can apply for this scheme. The range is mentioned below.
- Less than PKR 20,000
- Between PKR 20,001 and PKR 40,000
- Between PKR 40,001 and 60,000
- Between PKR 60,001 and PKR 100,000
- More than PKR 100,000
Eligibility Criteria for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan.
- Men/women having a valid CNIC can apply for NPHP, but only one person from a family is eligible.
- The applicant will have to submit a registration fee of PKR 250 along with the form.
- Those individuals having a monthly income of Rs 10,000-25,000 will be prioritized.
- Those who are buying or constructing a house for the first time will be preferred.
- The applicant can avail of the subsidized loan facility only once under NPHP.
Documents Required for applying to NPHP
- Two photographs (passport size)
- Applicant’s CNIC copy
- Registration fee of PKR 250 (non-refundable)
- Accurately filled registration form
How to Register/apply for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
The process of NPHP is so simple that even a common person can easily fill the form to apply for a loan. The applicants can register for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme in two ways.
- Online Registration
- Registration through NADRA E-Sahulat
Detail of both the aforementioned methods is as follows:
- Open the official website of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme (Click on the link to have easy access to the site).
- Then sign up for NPHP.
- Provide all the details asked in the registration form on the website. These details include name, CNIC number, contact number, present address.
- A detail of the gross monthly income is also required.
- The Housing Scheme allows applicants to choose the district and tehsil/union council where you want the house.
- The individual will then choose an installment plan for the loan and pay a registration fee of PKR 250.
- The applicant can pay the registration fee by E-Sahulat Centre, EasyPaisa, JazzCash, and credit/ debit card.
Registration through NADRA E-Sahulat Center
This method is not online. The process is below:
- First, go to the official website of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme and download the registration form.
- Fill the form carefully with correct information such as your name, CNIC number, contact number, address, monthly income, etc.
- For submitting the registration form to the registration officer at E-Sahulat Centre, visit the nearest NADRA E-Sahulat Centre.
- Submit the registration fee of PKR 250 with the registration form and collect the recipient of the successful submission of the application.
After the successful submission of the registration form, the process will not exceed more than 30 days.
Read other blog posts on Apna Pakistan to know latest new about Pakistan.