CNIC stands for the Computerized National Identity Card. It is important as an identity of any individual in Pakistan. National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) issues a unique 13-digit CNIC number to every citizen of Pakistan.
It is compulsory for every teen when they reach the age of 18 to apply for a Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
NADRA has all the records of every citizen of Pakistan. The 13-digit CNIC number is given to every person at the time when parents register their child in NADRA’s database. This 13-digit number becomes the CNIC number of every adult at the age of 18.
Before technology took over every department of life, the National Identity Card (NIC), issued by NADRA, was the identity of every citizen. But now, everyone must have a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
Why CNIC is Important?
In the past few years, due to the alarming terrorist activities in Pakistan, the data of every citizen of Pakistan is computerized. It is the national identity of an individual.
Now, if you don’t have a valid CNIC, after 18 years of age, or no record registered to NADRA then your identity can be considered suspectable.
The government of Pakistan gives its citizen many benefits that you can only avail of if you have a valid CNIC number. Listed below are the reasons why your CNIC number is important:
- You can only cast your vote after the age of 18 when you have your CNIC.
- For having an account in any bank in Pakistan, you should have your CNIC number as it is a requirement of banks.
- As a citizen of Pakistan, you can apply for a Pakistani passport. But you be asked first to confirm your identity through your CNIC.
- You can’t apply for a driving license until you are 18 years of age and have a CNIC.
- For owning any vehicle or land, you have to provide your CNIC for surety purposes. Sellers will have trust issues otherwise and you won’t be able to make a purchase.
- To have a sim card in Pakistan, a CNIC number is required. Sims are registered on your CNIC. You will be asked to give a copy of your CNIC to buy a sim.
The system of CNIC number verification and biodata has improved a lot in recent years. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) keeps a strict check that every mobile number in Pakistan is registered in the database. As sims are issued on your CNIC number, you can check your CNIC number with a mobile number when you check your mobile number details.
How to Check CNIC Number with Mobile Number?
You can easily check your CNIC number by these simple steps:
- Go to the Message app on your mobile phone.
- Then, send a blank message to 667.
- In a short time, you will receive a reply with all the details about your sim number.
- As your sim is registered on your CNIC number, you will receive your CNIC number as well in the received message.
Note: If you are unable to send a blank message, then type anything in the message and send it to 667.
In this way, you can check your CNIC number using your mobile number.
Ufone offers a USSD code to its users for checking mobile number details. Ufone users can dial *336# and then type 1 to receive sim details along with the CNIC number.
Telenor users who can check will have to send a blank message to 7751 to have their details about their mobile and CNIC number.
What is the CNIC number?
It is a unique number issued by the Government of Pakistan to each person living in Pakistan.
How long does it take to get my CNIC number?
It can take anywhere from a few hours to several days.
How can I know my biodata by CNIC number?
First, open your message text, then type your 13 Digits CNIC number and sent it to 7000. Nadra database system will provide you with results in a few seconds.
How can I check someone’s CNIC details?
Open your message text window and Type the CNIC number of the person you want to check details. Type number of 13 digits without dashes and send it to 7000. You will get details from NADRA soon.
You can check your CNIC number, verification status, and biodata with a mobile number as well as online. NADRA’s online biodata and verification system are easy to use. You can use any of the above methods for obtaining the required information.