Mobile registration with PTA is vital if you want a functional device. Otherwise, it’ll not be able to give you access to all cellular networks. Without verification, it is impossible to use cellular network services.
In this article, we’ll retrieve all compelled details through which you can register your phone with PTA. Besides, we’ll convey to you the methods which will enable you to check out if your phone is registered or not.
Also, here, you’ll get the information about the PTA fee/tax on mobiles and the procedure to submit it.
In addition, we’ll provide you all possible ways to check your mobile IMEI number, which is essential to make your device legal.
Firstly, Let’s dive into details to register your device in Pakistan.
How to register your mobile with PTA?
With PTA accessible services, you can quickly register your mobile without any inconvenience. Below are the accessible, authentic ways to enlist your mobile to PTA:
- SMS verification service
- PTA DIRBS Website
- DIRBS App
- Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOS)
1. SMS Verification Service
You can instantly register your phone to PTA through USSD by following a simple procedure. Also, make sure that you add all the details without any error; otherwise, you’ll not get the response.
- First, dial *8484# on your device.
- Various options will pop up on your screen. Select your preferred language (Urdu/English) and press 1 to select the phone verification option.
- Then the question about your nationality will appear. Enter digit “1” if you are a Pakistani and “2” for a foreigner.
- Then enter “1” if it’s the first mobile on your name_ PTA Registration is free for the first device on your name.
- Type your CNIC and passport number and reply with your device’s sim slots number.
- Now, the option of IMEI number will arise here. Enter it; however, two IMEI for dual sim phones and one for single therefore enter respectively.
(And if you have a question, how can I find my device’s IMEI number, below we have provided you full guidance).
- Finally, type 1 and reply to submit your COC to PTA, and you’ll receive a PSID code( tax details).
2. PTA DIRBS Website
Another method to register your mobile with PTA is through DIRBS (Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System’s).
Browse to http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs/auth/login to get on the page of Device Registration Portal. To proceed, sign up for a DIRBS account or if you already have a login to it.
You can easily sign up by following the given instructions:
- For signing up, you have to fill a type of form with all the necessary details.
- First, you’ll choose your primary purpose from personal/individual for mobile/tablet PCs.
- Select the user type from the options (local / International, Dual Nationality Holder, traveler, or Foreigner).
- Now, fill in your email, passport number, phone number, and address correctly in blanks.
- After doing this, you get a verification link in an email; click it to verify your account.
- Log in to your account and click to apply for COC(Certificate of Compliance); add your mobile IMEI and contact number.
- You’ll then receive a message about the duty you have to pay for registration from the PTA, along with a specific PSID that contains all the information of tax applicable to your device.
3. DIRBS App
You can easily register your mobile with the PTA mobile app(for Android only). Its simple interface allows the users to follow understandable instructions to verify their phones.
4. Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOs)
You can also visit Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOs) if you encounter any problem regarding online registration. PTA has introduced its services with cellular network companies for complete guidance and convenience. These franchises are present nationwide, and if you have any difficulty in verification, you can avail of their services.
What is the IMEI number of mobile phones?
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15-digit device identification code, assigned to every device and unique for each.
How can I check my Mobile’s IMEI number?
1. The IMEI number is present on every Mobile Phone box. So, you can get it from there.
2. Dial *#06#, and the code will appear on your screen.
3. Open ‘Settings,’ and go to ‘About Phone,’ then press ‘Status,’ and here, your device IMEI number will be written.
4. You can also check IMEI from batteries only for removable battery phones.
How to submit money for Mobile Registration?
You can submit the taxes or duty through online banking, using your ATM, and visiting any bank branch.
Note: If you bought a mobile from abroad, then you must register it within 60 days. And after this period, you are not able to use it in Pakistan.
How to check PTA mobile registration?
PTA SMS Service gives an easy way to check either your device is verified or not. You can check it by message your mobile IMEI on 8484. After it, you’ll be notified about the registration of your mobile phone.
Within two minutes, you receive the notification whether your set is reregistered or not also is your IMEI block(reported stolen).
You can further check it online with the PTA website (www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk) and by DIRBS smart app.
PTA Mobile Registration Tax/Fee
After submission of COC, a code called PSID will be sent to you on your added verified email or phone number. This SMS contains the amount ( tax/ duty) you have to pay for registration. After spending this money, you can enjoy the services of all cellular networks. However, the amount varies according to its model and company.
Note: Keep in mind that the generated PSID is valid for 7 days. If you don’t pay it, you have to follow the registration procedure again to get a new one.
The above complete guide has provided you with all the necessary details you should know while registering your mobile. Also, these guidelines will enable you to move right.
Now you can effortlessly check your device status and register it to PTA. Further, you can get your mobile’s IMEI number with the mentioned ways.